Image Map

Monday, January 14, 2013

Good Fortune in 2013!

Today has been a great day.  Not only did I get to celebrate (aka do same thing we do everyday but acknowledge the occasion) being married to the best husband ever for 9 months (!) but I also got to start a new job!  Last Monday I received a call to ask if I wanted to interview for a long term substitute teacher position and by Wednesday I had interviewed for and been offered the job.  Not only was I lucky enough to get a long term position - teaching Algebra 1 - it is for the rest of the year!  That means that I am essentially the teacher now and today was my first day and it was wonderful.  While I am not in a contracted position, I feel that this can only bring good things so I am enjoying the success for now :)  I am thankfully being eased in to the job this week with midterm exams and half days - which gives me plenty of time to get used to things and get ready to hit the ground running next week!  Nine months ago seems so long and a lot has changed since then.  I have so much to be thankful for and I am so excited for what this opportunity can bring to me.  Last week I was writing my bio for my blog and I wrote that I was an aspiring teacher and this week I AM a teacher!  Crazy how much can change in a week.  I want to say thank you to everyone (especially Michael) for supporting me and allowing me to pursue my new career.  I have a few classes left this semester and then I will be officially certified.  It hasn't always been easy but the hard times make the success that much sweeter.


-Erin

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Erin:) I loved Algebra in High School, probably my favorite math!

    ReplyDelete