Image Map

Thursday, November 15, 2012

IKEA Semi-Hack: Nightstands

Michael and I are slowly working on our bedroom.  Our most recent addition is a nightstand for each of us.  My parents bought me two of these from IKEA for my birthday.  I had seen this post on Pinterest where this woman took these super cheap pine dressers and turned them into really pretty nightstands so I decided to take a stab at it!  I took hurricane sandy as an opportunity to get working on these.  We are going for a gray/blue color scheme in our room with lots of neutral colors and pops of yellow.  Therefore, we opted for Classic Gray from Minwax as our stain of choice.  

Since I am still new to this and do not remember to take before or in process pictures yet, you just get to see the (semi) finished product!  Take a look at IKEA's site if you want to see how plain they were beforehand.


We LOVE them!


Since Michael's side is a little darker, I could not get any natural light pictures of his side, I did not just intentionally leave him out :)


I think the neutral colors of the lights go really great with the gray.




We really like the weathered look that the stain created.


All the knobs are from Hobby Lobby at 50% off!


There are still more improvements to come, one of which is almost finished. Hint: it has to do with the inside of the drawers!  We also plan on adding a finished top and perhaps something to the bottom since it has that weird lip piece.  What do you think?  Our bedroom is slowly coming together, here are some more items on the list:
  • Headboard
  • 2nd Dresser
  • Wall Art
  • New Curtains
Thanks for stopping by!

Erin

  

No comments:

Post a Comment