Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hosting Thanksgiving

For this Thanksgiving, Michael and I hosted and I cooked our very first turkey!  We had my family and Michael's family (plus Omar) over for dinner and it was a great success!  I had lots of fun putting together a festive display on the table and mantle, using many items from our wedding decor and a few new creations.  I went for a more traditional but simple yellow, orange, gold, and green.  The flowers were a wonderful addition to the display and provided by my mother-in-law.



The chalkboard was added to hide the ugly gray TV behind it :) and it was the best I could come up with at the last minute.



Beautiful fall colors!  The vase and wood centerpiece were both used in the centerpieces for our wedding.


The banner and vases were a Pinterest creation, however I think I have some better ways to make the vases work better.


Each place setting had a place card made from tree branch slices, which can now be used as ornaments.



The corn kernel vases were a Pinterest idea and I used extra Eucalyptus left over as a sort of table runner.




This is a shot my sister took with Instagram, so sorry for the quality but I really enjoy it :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and had some fun entertaining for those who were hosting!

Erin



1 comment:

  1. I like the colors you used... a little variety from the "usual" Thanksgiving colors with all the green. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete