Image Map

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cold Nights

Is anyone else still holding out to keep their heat off?  Michael and I are both always hot so we don't particularly mind the cold and still have not turned on our heat.  I am thinking we (ok I am) are going to cave soon.  We figured out how to work the gas fireplace but it gives me a headache and it only heats the one floor.  Recently, it has been a race to see how fast we can eat our dinner before it is cold - cold dinner = unhappy Erin!  The only really nice thing (besides the money savings) has been the fact that once we are in bed and have warmed up the covers, neither of us has gotten cold at night - thanks to our amazing down duvet/comforter - and it has gotten down to 58 in our house!  I guess that really isn't that cold, but it feels colder.  Even Sadie has decided that we are worthy enough to cuddle with at night, as long as we are keeping her warm.

One semi-benefit is that coming into a cold house in the afternoon has made me want to work out more because then my body gets warmed up and I am pretty god for an hour or so after.  Here is to holding out for a few more nights, before cold feet and food take take over the money saving side of me!

P.S.  I have been doing fairly good at the whole working out thing, keeping up with it a few times a week and I feel SO much better the next day after having worked out the night before.  Let's hope I can keep it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment