Image Map

Monday, September 3, 2012

Brownie Batter Cookies

Hello! It has been awhile.  It has been a hectic last few weeks, but I am back with a great recipe for any chocolate lovers out there.

One of my favorite food blogs that I currently follow is chef in training. I just LOVE all the different recipes she has - the presentation, the easy to follow recipes, and the variety!  I wanted to bake something with the boys a couple Fridays ago and so I perused her recipe list for some awesomeness and came across brownie batter cookies.  The recipe is originally from Picky Palate.  My favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor is Half Baked, which for those who have not experienced this flavor is brownie batter mixed with cookie dough, so I figured this recipe would be a good cookie equivalent.  Overall, the cookies were good - my dad LOVED them, but for me I think they were missing something.  I think it was either needing more salt or more brownie batter.  The recipe calls for prepared brownie mix.  I don't even know where to find this so I just made a batch of brownie batter from a box and added that.  It worked well enough but I think it needed a little more brownie.  My only other tip is to not cook them as long.  I cooked mine for 10 minutes and the recipe calls for 13-15 minutes but I think mine would have been too hard.
After adding the brownie batter.

The boys had a great time making them AND eating them, I think I will try these again and search for some prepared brownie mix :)

Enjoy!

A little early for Christmas, but it was the biggest plate we could find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment