Image Map

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

hello 25, goodbye bad habits

Just dropping in for a quick post while I begin the recovery road back from two weeks of birthday celebrations.  It is amazing how easy it is to get in the habit of eating horribly based off 1 or 2 nights of eating fried and chocolatey awesomeness.  I wish it was only so easy to keep going with healthy habits.  Michael and I were fortunate enough to have multiple celebrations with friends and family for our birthdays including a surprise family dinner, beer tasting, wine tasting, and of course great food.

While I have been known to start these healthy regimes and lose them after awhile, I am trying a new tactic of putting it out here where I can feel accountable to someone (even if there are only a couple people reading) and for all you who have been privy to my phases of getting healthy  cough*ErikKara*cough #newlyengaged and are doubtful of my commitment, well to you I only hope that I can come back in a few months and say BOOM.

Yesterday I started P90X again and I really felt so much better about myself afterwards and this morning so if I can just keep that feeling in mind to reach my end goal (actually finishing!) I should be successful.  On the other hand, I can feel a difference between my body now and my body two years ago when I did P90X the first time - hence 25 = getting old.  I have also started a new meal plan that includes mostly chicken, rice, veggies, and other fresh foods and so far I have been thoroughly enjoying how easy dinner is to make now and how great I feel after dinner.

So bring it on holidays - I will be searching high and low for ways to distract myself from all your awesome baked good-ness.

Actually saw this on Pinterest this morning and thought it was hilarious:


2 comments:

  1. Erin - I can't believe you called me out on your blog! So now I'm calling you back out. If you don't finish P90X this time, you have to mail it all to me and then I'll use it to get in shape for my wedding. I'll be expecting my package mid-January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a fair trade, and Michael made me do it :)

      Delete