Image Map

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pub-themed shower, anyone?

This past weekend I held my first ever bridal shower!  It was also the first real party I have ever thrown AND the first big get together in our new townhouse.  So I was pretty excited all around.  Jackie is not super girly and she loves beer (I, however, detest it) so after some thought I realized that a pub theme centered around a beer tasting would be perfect!  Unfortunately, I never took a picture of the actual tasting! However, I did use the cutest tasting glasses from IKEA - seriously, they were awesome!  Overall, I think everyone had a blast, I was super exhausted that night and my husband was kind enough to clean up everything (!) for me.  Take a look at some other pictures from the event below.  Thanks to all who helped out with this event and took the time to attend!


All the food!


I was so excited to get to use the chalkboard signs I bought for my wedding again.


I was also really excited to use all my new serving dishes and platters :)


Super cute favors provided by Elizabeth!


Gift table, complete with my homemade banner - I was quite proud!


A tribute to the bride and groom's younger days :)


Desserts - there are still way too many leftover in my house!


Supposed to be like a chalkboard menus you find in bars, perhaps a bit cheesy but I enjoyed it all the same.


The non-alcoholic drinks, I really wish I had a picture of the beer tasting.


The bride-to-be and I!  Can't wait to celebrate in September!

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool:) Everything looks great! Hope Jackie had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete