Image Map

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Are those your kids?

For those who do not know, I am employed as a nanny for the summer.  It has been a really fun experience, and also very interesting at times!  The three boys are 12, 7, and (just about to turn!) 4.  When I am at the pool or out on one of our many awesome outings, people will sometimes ask if they are all mine.  For those who have not seen me recently, I get mistaken for a high schooler often - so for people to think I am old enough (or perhaps not old enough...) to have a 12 year old is just strange to me!  No one has ever asked if they are my brothers, which I would think would be more relevant - especially since I have an 11 year old brother.


Matthew is the one on the left, having a great time with BOY cousins!


Anyways, today was another one of those days.  I took them to a free movie - Jack and Jill - which was actually pretty funny, then to the park, and then back to my house for pancakes!  At Giant when we were picking up sugar, they were messing around and getting into mischief - per usual - and the cashier asked if they were mine.  It really just gets me thinking - I could not imagine already having three kids! This summer has definitely allowed me to experience the responsibility of having multiple kids (although still doesn't deter me!).  Going to the movies, the mall, a restaurant, bowling, and any activity really is a whole new experience!  The youngest does not particularly enjoy sitting in a theater, so as soon as his snack and drink were gone today, I had the wonderful pleasure of being one of those people  who other moviegoers glare at when their kids are being loud as I hear "Miss Erin, I am ready to go home!" is his outdoor voice, 10 minutes into the movie... :)

Overall it was a great day and I am really going to miss those kids when the summer is over.  Michael and I were special enough to be invited to the youngest's 4th birthday party this weekend, although Michael is not technically invited as he is "not a kid or Miss Erin" - haha, I am cooler than Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment