Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Weekend 2013

I have been MIA these past few months as my life was taken over by teaching, but I LOVE it and I am so excited to finally be a teacher.  I have missed this blog though and so I am hoping to revive it now that school is winding down for the summer.

This past weekend was truly a wonderful weekend.  It was very busy but it was really great to spend time with friends and family.  At the same time, it was a great time to remember those that have served and be thankful for the life you have.  Saturday was spent outdoors working on my garden (more on that to come!) and doing a little shopping.  Sunday was spent having a wonderful Memorial Day BBQ at my parents' house and the weather was perfect!  Monday we headed over to Westmoreland State Park to go fishing with Michael's grandparents.

Since this is my first post back in the swing of things, I will make it short and sweet, ending with some photos from the weekend.  I have lots to share this summer as well as some exciting projects coming up!
Baby birds nesting in a hanging pot, so cute!

Michael's first catch of the day, 2 minutes after we put our rods in!


I was excited to catch a fish since I only caught 2 of the 24 fish we caught!

24 fish in total! We made some great fish tacos with these. 

Michael and I at my parents' BBQ.
My sisters and I - everyone was home!
This picture just cracks me up, someone was taking too long to take a picture ;)

My brother and his two friends - he can't take a normal picture to save his life.
Sneak preview from my garden!
We were quite tired on Monday evening but it was well worth it!  This weekend we are playing it pretty low key with some more gardening, finishing up some Etsy projects, and a brunch out on the river tomorrow!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment